1. Minors. If you are a minor, you can use this service only in conjunction with your parents or guardians. If you are a minor, please do not submit any personal information. IF YOU ARE 13 YEARS OR YOUNGER, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITE OR ANY OF ITS SERVICES FOR ANY PURPOSE AT ANY TIME.
2. Information We Collect.
(a) Your Registration Information. To maximize our services, you will need to register using our online registration form, where you will be required to provide us with your contact information and certain other personal information, namely, your first and last name and preferred email address.
(b) Your Usage of Our Site. We automatically track certain information about you based upon your use of our Site. We use this information to conduct internal research on our users' demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand and serve our users. This information is compiled and analyzed on an aggregate non-anonymized basis. This information may include the URL that you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, and your IP address.
(c) Cookies. In addition, we use "cookies" on certain pages of our Site. Cookies are small files that can be used to track a user's steps or automatically generate a user's password. Some features of our Website may only be available through the use of a cookie. Among other things, cookies allow you to enter your password less frequently during a session. Cookies can also help us provide information which is targeted to your interests. Cookies are stored on your hard drive, not on our Site. Most cookies are automatically deleted at the end of a session. You may decline our cookies if your browser permits, although your use of the Site may then be restricted (as noted above).
(d) Your Posts. If you choose to post messages under our original blog posts, we will collect such information about you as you may choose to disclose.
(e) Your Correspondence. If you send us e-mails, letters or other personal correspondence, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Website, we may store such information in a file specific to you.
(f) Your Credit Account. If you establish a credit account with us, we collect some additional information, including billing address, credit card number, and credit card expiration date and tracking information from checks or money orders.
3. Our Use of Your Information.
(a) Promotional Use. We use personal information about you to enhance our marketing and promotional efforts, and to improve our content and services. We may also use your information to deliver to you advertisements, new services and promotions, and other information to you that is targeted to your interests. You can avoid receiving some of this information by changing your options on your account status page. You will have the ability to not receive such advertisements, promotions, notices, and information by choosing to unsubscribe where prompted in emails or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
(b) Administrative Notices, etc. We use your e-mail address, your mailing address, and phone number to contact you regarding administrative notices, new product offerings, and communications relevant to your use of the Site. If you do not wish to receive these communications, you may have the ability to opt out on your account status page.
(c) Billing and Support. If you open a credit account, we use your address and billing information to bill you and provide associated support.
(d) Dispute Resolution. We use information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Site, to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and enforce our User Agreement.
4. Our Disclosure to Third Parties. We use practices that are consistent with standards in the industry to protect your privacy. We cannot, however, promise that your personally identifiable information or private communications will remain private. For example, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We do not sell or rent any personally identifiable information about you to any third party. The following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed. For a more detailed list of ways we disclose information about you.
(a) Law Enforcement. We may disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability.
(b) Advertisers. We disclose aggregate information about our users to advertisers and for other marketing and promotional purposes. However, we do not disclose any personally identifying information to any of these entities.
(c) Ambursmithlaw.com Site. Throughout the Site, you are identified by your User ID. Unless you select a unique User ID, our system automatically sets your User ID as your name and/or e-mail address. In this situation, where you are identified on the Site by your User ID, you disclose your e-mail address to other users and third parties. As a result, other users and third parties might send you unsolicited e-mail and be able to personally identify all of your activities on the Site. Although our pages are coded with robot exclusion headers, others may attempt to automatically collect your e-mail address from our Site. Even if your User ID is not your e-mail address, your User ID can be used to identify you and your activities throughout the Site. Other people can see your bids, items that you have won in the past, your feedback rating and associated comments, your postings on the Site, and so on. We also provide others a number of ways to allow other users to find more out about you and your site activities, such as our feature that allows users to quickly see all of the auctions you are offering at the time.
(d) Third Party Suppliers. We may use third party suppliers to assist us in providing the services available on our website. Whenever a third party supplier desires to collect information about you, you will be notified of the involvement of the third party supplier, and you will never be required to disclose any information to the third party supplier. We impose contractual restrictions on the use by our third party suppliers of information concerning you, and we do not permit our third party suppliers to sell your information to other third parties.
(e) No Spam. The Site and our users do not tolerate spam. Therefore, without limiting the foregoing, you are not licensed to add a Site user to your mail list (e-mail or physical mail) without their express consent after adequate disclosure.
5. Disclosures You Make to Third Parties. The Site does not control the privacy policies of third parties. When you disclose information to third parties on the Site (or any other website) about yourself, you are subject to the privacy customs and policies of that third party.
6. Permission to Publish Materials on Website. The following form may be used where the author of a work and the owner of a web site agree to permit the author's work to appear on the owner's web site. If the arrangement between author and web site owner is exclusive, partially exclusive or involves compensation to the author or other issues, care should be taken to make certain that those issues are appropriately and accurately addressed.